Thursday, November 17, 2005

Time goes by so slowly...

I cannot decide which is worse, not being able to go to sleep, or waking up 2 hours before you need to and not going to sleep.
I woke up at 4am, and have not been able to get back to sleep at all. So I figured this is the best time to write. Hey, if Stevie can write hit songs in the dead of night...

Winter is here in the plains of Amarillo. It was in the 30's all day yesterday. I don't think I am going to be able to handle this cold weather. In Odessa, we had maybe a week of freezing temperatures in February. If it is already this cold in November, I am going to be one unhappy camper over the next few months. That is one thing about the desert southwest, mild temps all year.

Tom had a minor outpatient procedure a couple of weeks ago, and I went home to help care for him. It was not a big deal, but it was unexpected and he did need a few days to recuperate. The really bad part is that it came 2 days before we were to leave for Hawaii. We had to postpone the vacation until after the first of the year. At least we didn't have to cancel.

My first book review was published in the Amarillo Style magazine. It was a full page, all glossy and everything. It made my day.

Madonna's new cd is incredible. I really like it when she gets into dance music.

No comments: