Friday, May 06, 2005

Celebrity is as celebrity does...

Well, my Harry Potter plans are in full swing now. For our Midnight Release party, I am decorating the entire store like Hogwarts. Since everyone will be working that night, I have been assigning 'characters' for them to play. I have to say, I am an excellent casting director. This is the book equivalent of Star Wars Episode III. It is great to see kids getting this excited about reading.
However, somewhere in the shuffle, I forgot to assign myself a character. The obvious choice would be Prof. Dumbledore, as I will be the MC that evening. I am not that tall, nor that old, so that's a no-go.
This morning I was interviewed by a local radio station about an upcoming author signing, and right now I am supposed to be finishing my feature for the paper on local writers...and it hit me...Gilderoy Lockhart!!!! I am just that vain, and well known enough around here to pull it off. (I like to think that I am a little more talented in the writing department, but I actually can't say that I have read a Lockhart book.)

3 comments:

From My Lips to Your Ears said...

Dearest Randy-
I was wondering where you had crept off to. I am glad to find you in your new web home.

I shan't be a stranger.

MUAH-
Richard

JanetsJourney.com said...

Randy

You HAVE to post pictures! If I lived in your town I would diffently come down and buy my book from your store - just to see the characters.

Lockhart is perfect!

PJS said...

Yes. PICTURES.