Friday, May 20, 2005

The Sith is Back!

For 2 hours and 23 minutes yesterday, I morphed into a 5 year old boy (Stay back Michael Jackson!)

The reason for this transformation was my viewing of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. I have been waiting for this movie since I saw the first one in 1977. Like some other people I know out there in blogger-ville, I was a die-hard Vader freak. I dressed up as Vader for more Haloweens than I care to admit, forcing my sister to wear a white beadsheet and put her hair in cinnamon buns to accompany me as Princess Leia. I was always fascinated by the idea of his Fall From Grace.
When the novelization if Episode III came out, I tore through it like there was no tomorrow. For those who have seen the movie, I reccommend reading it, as it fills in some holes from the movie, and actually gives Natalie Portman's character (Once-Queen, now Senator Padme Amidala) a lot more to do than sit in her bedroom and proclaim her love for Hayden Christiansen. (Although, given a choice, I would love to be in my bedroom, proclaiming my love for Hayden)
This was certainly the best of the Star Wars prequels. The Empire Strikes Back will still hold the first place for the entire series.
I can't wait for the dvd, as there are already at least 5 deleted scenes to be presented, including the first appearance of Mon Monthma (seen in Star Wars Episode VI:Return of the Jedi) organizing a rebellion.

2 comments:

PJS said...

1- you've been "tagged"
2- i can't find your phone number
(had to replace my cell phone, and lost ALL of my numbers!)

Anonymous said...

Neth already has the damn film memorized.
I believe he sees himself in Anakins struggles..........ahh to be a teenager again.
Liz