Sunday, August 21, 2005

Season Two

Hello all! TMSS, is back from hiatus!!!
I have been surprised at the emails here and there from loyal readers wondering where I went. Of course, a lot of my time has been taken up with the new job, and the maintaining of a long distance relationship. I know some of you out there know what that is like. But mostly, I have been without internet access except at work. It does create a problem when your forum is web based.
However, fate has smiled upon me yet again and I am sitting here in Starbucks, posting via my new laptop. I feel very Carrie Bradshaw, except there is a table next to me doing a bible study in the most hideous getup this side of a rummage sale. The costume designer for Sex and the City would never permit that. I guess my supporting cast isn't as important. Hopefully, my budget for this season will increase and I can get better ambiant characters.
I am very upset that I am not 'The Gay One' at work. There are 2 other 'mo's in the department, both of whom do drag. Not that there is anything wrong with it. It's just that I was very used to being the 'Gay Guy' at work, without it bothering me. It was my schtick. Now I have to revamp my place in the office heiarchy. On the bright side, I am always Mr. Positive Attitude, so I try to keep everyone's spirits up and have now been dubbed 'The Morale Fairy.'
In the reading dept, I have come across some incredible literature. When it hits the shelves in September, I reccommend John Berendt's new novel, 'City of Fallen Angels.' It's a pretty good follow up to 'Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil' considering it has been 10 years.
See you next episode!

No comments: