Monday, June 13, 2005

Buy the Book

Well Happy Campers, I started my new job today. I love it!

The first day was a little hectic as first days usually are. I sat in on several meetings and even had some input right from the get go. The various catagories I buy for are for the most unremarkable: cooking, westerns, ect. However, I am also responsible for co-ordinating Author Events at a regional level. This means I assist stores with specific author signings and mini-book tours. There is someone else who manages national tours, but I am snapping at his heels.

My apartment is nice, with the exception of Tom not being around. These first few days have been hard, but we talk constantly, and I am so busy with training, I don't have time to be sad.

I missed the BEA conference, but one of the buyers was nice enough to bring me back a copy of Gregory Maguire's new book. I am surprised I am writing this, instead of reading it already.


Randy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I'm trying to think up creative suggestions on how you can fit Stevie Nicks and Wonder Woman into promotions for Westerns and Cook books....

PJS said...

I tried to call you this morning, but your stupid cell phone doesn't even have your name or voice on the voicemail. What's up with that?

Since I can't reach you, why don't you tell your embarrassing 2nd day of work story on here?

-P