Saturday, June 04, 2005

So Crushable!

Have you ever had a crush on someone, ut didn't realize you did until later? I have just realized I have had a crush on Steve McQueen for most of my life.
Last night on Turner Classic Movies was the doc 'Steve McQueen: The Essence of Cool.' It was incredible. I didn't know a lot about his life, but as they showed clips from his films, I realized I had seen most of them; Papillon, The Great Escape, The Sand Pebbles, The Thomas Crown Affair, Nevada Smith. After the doc was The Maginificent Seven, which I had never seen. So I started to really think about it, and the litmus test that proved it was that I hate Westerns and War movies, but I'll watch them if McQueen is in them.
Steve McQueen is not what you would call 'Pretty.' But he's rugged and manly and just damned sexy. If you watch most of these movies, there is always a shirtless scene.
Classic movie buffs of my stripe usually talk about Gloria Swanson, Bette Davis or Joan Crawford. I just wanted to take a moment to recognize an incredible actor and a damned sexy man.

Who knew?

No comments: