Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'll let you know when I look like this


Thanks to some time on my hands, some guidance from a friend, and an invitation from some co workers, I started yoga tonight. Two of the girls from work go every Monday and they invited me to go along. I was very nervous about my first class, so naturally I hovered near the girls. Of course, they set up their yoga mats at the very front of the class.
Everyone always talks about how hard yoga is, and they are right. I was amazed at how well I did, but I know my limitations and didn't push myself too hard. There were times I had to just stop and go into fetal position to catch my breath. You may not move very fast, but you do get your heart rate up and work up a sweat. After the class, the instuctor and my two friends told me how well I did, which is a nice way to say they all realized I have a way to go...

In other news, John Grogan (Marley & Me) has agreed to do a signing in one of my stores in Kentucky next month. This is a major coup for me and my new position, as initially he was not booked. We were able to slide him in at the last moment. Anyone who is a dog person should read this book and meet him any time you can.

No comments: